So the London Marathon is creeping up on us and many of our clients are already doing 10ks and half marathons in preparation (well done!).
Getting prepared for running 26.2 miles, especially for novice runners is no mean feat. So we will be putting together some advice to help you get in shape for the big day.
Over the next few weeks we will be putting together a series of blog posts to help you with the upcoming events for the running season; 10ks, Surrey Half, London or Brighton Marathon.
Apart from running what other training should you be doing, all of the following will be outlined in the next 3 weeks:
- Strength Training - Next Feature
- How to structure your training in the 6 weeks before a marathon
- Sleep - Tips on good practice for athletes, an expert perspective.
- Injury Rehab and how we can help
- An interview with a marathon runner, what can I expect. For first time competitors.
- Sports Massage - How will it help?
- Gait and Running styles - Expert tips
Sign up to our newsletter to get this series of blog posts.
Injuries; What will we be able to help with in the lead up to race day?
- Plantar Fasciitis - Heel, arch or foot Pain
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Posterior Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Chondromalacia Patella - also know as runners knee, pain can be felt under the knee cap
- Patella Tendinitis
- Hip Bursitis
- Tight IT Band/Iliotibial Band Syndrome
These are among the most common we see during the lead up to mararthon day. The good news is all of these problems are treatable, some are quick fixes and others need a little more time, but all can be helped with treatment. So don't leave the injury, the sooner we see it, the easier it is to fix!
Marathon Prep treatment packages available:
8 Weeks leading up to the London Marathon 2018 -
6 x 60 Min Sports Massage per week , 2 x Osteopathy Sessions = £460 ( Saving £50) & We will give a post run treatment of choice (Max value £65) for free!